Monday, June 2, 2014

Steph's BBQ Pulled Pork Potatoes-- Crock pot!!



      It's summer time! My kids are almost out of school and we are getting ready to hit the pool.  In honor of summer I have been going through a BBQ craving phase. I want chips, beans, creamed corn, and as my main dish I always always want pulled pork.  A friend of mine shared this recipe with me but it's fairly common. I've seen recipe's for Dr Pepper pulled pork and I've never tried that but I use root beer for this recipe. It is so delish and insanely easy. We ate it as a sandwich for years and my very picky son still wants his on a bun. He agreed to eat it when I told him it was made with root beer :) But as we were looking for ways to eat gluten free we decided to nix the bun and eat the pork on a baked potato! It's awesome. I don't miss the bun at all, I actually prefer it this way. 

    You will need:

1 pork roast or tenderloin
2 liter bottle of root beer
garlic powder
onion powder
1 large bottle of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce (this is the stuff that makes it so good)

Set your crock pot on a 6-8 hour heat setting and then cover your pork in the garlic and onion powder. I also use a fork to poke some holes in the pork. Place it in your crock pot and then dump the root beer all over it. I usually use the whole bottle or at least until the pork is covered. That's it! 
When the pork is cooked through remove it and drain the root beer from the crock pot and then shred the pork. Once the entire roast is shredded put it back in the crock pot and cover it with Sweet Baby Ray's sauce. Stir it really well to coat all of the shredded pork in the sauce. Let it heat back through and then serve as desired! Use a bun, or load up your baked potato! I love mine with sour cream, butter and cheese. If you do want to have potatoes just throw some in the oven the last 45 or so on your crock pot timer. 

    I hope you try it and I hope you love it. This generally makes a ton so invite some friends over and make some of my creamed corn as well!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment