Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Stace and the Raspberry Pretzel Jello Dessert, yes please

    So I'm pregnant and we just found out that we are having a girl! We are so excited because we think we are just going to have two children and we will have one of each. See how that works out! Something I have come to realize is that my little girl has a sweet tooth. I am craving anything sweet, and I mean anything. Cereal, milkshakes, gushers, ice cream sandwiches, it doesn't matter as long as it's sweet. For a little while I did indulge in letting myself have all the yummy sweets I wanted because, well, when you have a craving when you are pregnant it is almost an impossible feat to not give into said craving. I have gotten better though with the self control and luckily things like sandwiches and salads are sounding good.

    When I was giving in to all of the sweet fattening treats, I wanted one that is a favorite dessert around here. It is the Raspberry Pretzel Jello dessert. I'm salivating. I had had this dessert before at a restaurant and loooooved it. Then, I got into Pinterest and happened upon it. When I first told my husband I wanted to make it he made a face, apparently to a 27 year old man with the appetite shockingly similar to my 5 year old nephew, pretzels in a dessert didn't sound good. Then, I made it and there was actual moaning and it is now his favorite dessert.

   While I am trying to be a good girl and not give in to all of the sweet yummy treats I want, guess what, a holiday is coming up! And we all know what that means, it's a free day! So for Easter I am going to make this dessert yet again. I can't even talk about how excited I am. The Pin came from NatashasKitchen.com and the only modification I make is in the bottom layer of pretzels.  I like to double what is called for because everything else is made for a 9X13 pan but when I poured the pretzel mix into the pan it didn't cover the entire bottom like it's supposed to. Unfortunately, that means double the butter and sugar. I did try to follow the recipe exactly and just put it in an 8X8 pan and we didn't care for how thick the middle layer was so I just double the pretzel ingredients and try not to think how much weight I am gaining while I stuff my face.   

http://natashaskitchen.com/2011/04/12/raspberry-pretzel-jello/
   

No comments:

Post a Comment