Sunday, April 13, 2014

Steph and Paula Deen's Banana Pudding

   So I love food. A lot. I do not however loving cooking food. When I was in college I had a standing agreement with my roommate that she would cook the meals and I would do the dishes. Totally worked for me. I really struggle with the idea that I would spend all of this time and energy creating something and then a 30 minute meal wipes out my creativity. But, the more time I have spent cooking the more I have made my peace with the fact that it's OK for people to eat my creativity. I have even come to find some joy in feeding those that really enjoy my food. That's one thing my husband is very good at. He is really pretty easy to feed. He's a steak and potatoes kind of guy and I think because I started out as such a bad cook, he truly appreciates the fact that as the years go by my food tastes better and better. Bless him. 

   One of the nice things about cooking is sharing recipes. I have a couple of friends that are fantastic cooks and they are so lovely and share their ideas with me.  A number of these friends are also in my book club and for the first few years we met at someones house and the person hosting provided food. There has been a lot of good food shared at book club over the years. One of my favorite recipes from a book club is Paula Deen's Banana Pudding. Oh my goodness! On her website www.pauladeen.com, Paula Deen calls it Not Yo Momma's Banana Pudding. And it's true. I love my mother but she never made banana pudding like this.  I craved it during pregnancy. I drove 20 minutes to my mom's house to get some when she made it after I gave her the recipe. If you like banana's at all you will die for this pudding. I even have a friend who came to the book club where the pudding was served, this friend doesn't like banana's in anything, and she asked for this recipe before we went home.

   The best thing about this recipe is how insanely easy it is to put together. You truly probably have nearly all of the ingredients in your pantry right now. The only thing that was a special purchase for me are the Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies that layer the top and bottom of the pan. Oh I'm telling you the cookies are what makes it, and the sweetened condensed milk , and the whipped cream too......Anyway, it's all just divine. Unfortunately, it doesn't keep well so you should probably eat it all fairly quickly :)  

   The recipe for Paula Deen's Not Yo Momma's Banana Pudding can be found at her website or also on my Pintrest Board www.pinterest.com/shewitt1227/sweet-tooth/ . Happy Cooking!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment