Thursday, April 24, 2014

Green Chili Enchilada Soup- Steph



    This soup is pinned to my Gluten Free board. The woman who came up with the recipe has her own blog and I haven't explored it much other than to make the soup over and over again. This is a crockpot recipe. Can I tell you how much I love crockpot recipes? Really a lot. The fact that it's gluten free is a huge bonus. No one in my family has Celiac's but my husband does have a gluten intolerance and he just has better general health when he stays away from it. So, I'm always keeping my eye open for tasty and easy GF recipes to try.

    We gave this one a shot over the winter and I will confess to it being a little spicy for my youngest but the other two ate it no problem. (Well my son doesn't eat anything but PB&J with no problems, he ate it and didn't complain too loudly.) I love this because it's so darn easy to make. Put it in your slow cooker in the morning and by dinner time you're good to go. It does require a couple of ingredients that I didn't have on hand (canned green enchilada sauce) but my local grocery store had all of them.

   I know it's springtime and most places are heating up but I think it's still OK for soup. Try this one out and see what your family thinks. The spice is minimal and we loved it with tortilla chips!! Check out my Gluten Free Pintrest board or visit www.scatteredthoughtsofacraftymom.com to find the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment