Monday, March 24, 2014

Stace's non listening 2 and a half year old

Steph tells me it's because he is two and a half and he is just working toward the horrible 3's, but I still don't understand. My little boy is a sensitive nice boy. He listens really well. He is ever so polite.
 
   Until about a week ago. It's like something switched in his brain or that little elves or something came in one night messed with his brain and now he is mister "I'm sorry did you say something mommy? Oh, you've told me to stop like three times? Hmm." I don't know what to do! It's honestly like one day he just woke up almost a different child. He is still a sensitive little guy and polite, it's the listening that has gone out the window and it's driving me nuts!

   It always throws me off when he goes through a new phase because we've set up a routine and we know what to do when he behaves a certain way but then he will randomly throw a wrench in it. Stupid developing. I've tried to not be a monster mom and just jump all over him when he isn't listening but I wonder if I'm being too lenient and not being firm soon enough. My mom suggested that when he is ignoring me and not listening that I should tell him to look at me and I'm not sure if that's making a difference or not yet.

   This is a really hard phase for me because I loathe repeating myself and this repetition is driving me to distraction. But it's more than just getting frustrated about it. I'm concerned because he is not listening to me and when he is running in front of me and doesn't stop when I say, I'm so scared about him just running into the street. I am not a fast mover, especially with a 5 month pregnant belly. I'm exhausted. Gotta love the little ones.

    


No comments:

Post a Comment