Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Dark Witch- Steph's review

   I believe Stace has mentioned previously about our love of the author Nora Roberts. I think I've read almost everything she's ever written (which is saying something). Her most recent trilogy is called The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy and is set in Ireland (I love it when she sets things in Ireland). I don't care how bad a day your having, it is always made better when a book you've been waiting for is released! Yesterday was such a day for me because the second book is out! The first book is called The Dark Witch and in the prologue you are told the story, in first person, of a witch who lived long ago and the evil she had to protect her family from. She defeated the evil temporarily but her 3 children knew that someday it would be their turn to destroy their mother's enemy. Exciting I know! 

   This story is passed down from generation to generation until in the first book you meet Iona who comes over to Ireland from America seeking a connection with her ancestors. Each book is about a descendant of one of the dark witch's children. Each of them have their own obstacles to overcome and they find a way to connect with their ancestor to do their part. It's a great story. With magic, love, family connection, and of course the fight to defeat an ancient evil. What more do people want?! 

   The second book came out yesterday and I absolutely love to get a new book. It is an element of joy in my life. But to get the next book in a series hightens the joy considerably. Anyway I can't talk about it anymore I need to go read.  

No comments:

Post a Comment