Friday, March 21, 2014

Stace's Book Review: Shatter Me Series

   These books were very interesting to me. The author is Tahere Mafi and these are actually her first novels which surprised me because sometimes I can tell when it is a first for an author and these are just very well done. This is a story about a 17 year old girl, Juliette,  who cannot touch anyone because if she does she causes others severe pain and even death. And the sun has actually kind of rebelled against the earth causing drastic weather changes and the government has fallen apart. Juliette has been secluded from others and some want to use her to help reestablish the government while others want to use her to help smash any rebellion against the new form of government. There is a love triangle but I didn't find that to annoying which, for me, love triangles can be.

   There were several reasons why I liked these books and one of them was how it was written. Its in first person and the way that Juliette thinks is very different and interesting. I know I'm being pretty vague and I'm sorry its just I don't want to ruin anything and say to much because you find out some surprising things in the first few chapters. And that's another thing I like about her is that I never felt like the books were dragging and that I was just waiting around to get more information, she keeps the story going.

   There are a couple intimate scenes so I would probably recommend this to someone no younger then 16.  There is also a 1.5 and a 2.5 and normally I don't really care for those, they kind of bother me because I don't really see the point in a writer not just writing an entire novel. But I highly recommend them, especially the 1.5, if you can't get your hands on them for whatever reason then its no big deal its not like you miss anything huge it just helped me understand some characters a little better.

    The Shatter Me series was pleasantly surprising to me and I really enjoyed them. I also liked that it was just a trilogy because some YA books have like six in a series. I really hope Tahere Mafi comes out with more soon because I can't wait to see what she's going to come up with next.

No comments:

Post a Comment