Thursday, April 20, 2017

Sick Mom - Stace


When mom is sick it just throws everything off. The normal routines, housework, just everything. Well I'm sick and my husband is a great father but he doesn't know the children's routines like I do because why would he? I'm there to take care of it. He doesn't know what time to leave in order to have BuddyBoy on time for breakfast at school, he doesn't know which days he has after school activities and which days he doesn't. Normally my husband is also not great about house cleaning. Don't get me wrong, he does do some housework but it usually requires quite a bit of asking to get it done. He actually is the best at bedtime. Bath's, food before bed, bedtime stories, he does it all awesome. But the regular day to day stuff not so much.

Being sick it makes me realize that I do quite a bit. Now I'm not saying I'm super mom or that my house always looks perfect cause to be honest most of the time my house it cluttered with toys but I do pride myself with the fact that my house if never filthy. There is a difference between cluttered and filthy, trust me, I know the difference. This morning I went into the living room and my heart sank a little. I'm sick and my living room is messy and dishes need to be done. Do I ask my husband to do it? He was able to bring his work laptop home so he is trying to work while taking care of CurlyGirl. Do I ask him to clean up later after he's had a chance to work a bit? Do I just leave him alone because he's sacrificing his normal routine and work to help me so that I can rest and take care of myself?

Jared's a very nurturing man. When I'm sick or hurt he wants me to go and close myself in the bedroom so I can feel better. He doesn't feel put out or bugged but just wants me to get better. He also normally gets me a little treat I like to show his love. Today my house is dangerously close to crossing the line from cluttered to filthy. In situations like this it is so hard for me to know what do to. Apart of me feels like, yeah, he's my husband we are partners and I shouldn't feel like I'm putting him out by asking him to help around the house so its not just left for me. The other part of me does feel bad asking him to do all this extra stuff. Basically I just wish he would take it out of my hands and clean without my having to ask him to, that's my perfect world.

Even when a mom is sick and has a wonderful husband or helper a mom still is a mom. I still worry about people being picked up on time or taken to where they need to go. I still worry about them having a good dinner and whether or not they get a bath when they need it. I can't seem to help myself. Once a mom always a mom no matter how old children are, no matter if mom is sick or well moms worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment