Thursday, March 16, 2017

Stace And Baked Chicken Chimichangas



For me cooking should consist of picking up the phone and getting some food delivered. Since that can't always be the case I look up quick and easy recipes on Pinterest and one of my favorites so far is Baked Chicken Chimichangas found on www.thegirlwhoateeverything.com. Not only is it a fast and easy dish it does not require odd ingredients that I wouldn't normally get therefore have to buy just for this one dish. Everything for it is cheap and stuff that I already buy and that is what the people want. The Chimichangas are something I can just throw together at the last minute, its always nice to have a meal like that and another added bonus is that every single person in my house eats them. It did take some talking into for my kids to try them but once they did they were sold.

Ingredients 

- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded (I use canned chicken or a Rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup of favorite salsa
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I usually use a little more then that but we are cheese lovers)
- 2 green onions (I don't care for onion for I leave them out)
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Any other fixings like tomatoes or guacamole, sour cream ext

Directions

- Preheat oven 400F
- Mix chicken, salsa, cumin, oregano and cheese in large bowl
- Lay out tortillas and scoop about 1/3 cup into each and then fold with seams on the bottom of baking sheet
- Brush melted butter on top of tortillas. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown and crispy

I love just throwing stuff in a bowl and stirring and then basically being done its my favorite. They aren't awesome for reheating because even if you put them in the toaster oven they aren't really crispy anymore and I love crispy. They still taste good they just lose the crunchy factor.


No comments:

Post a Comment