Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Stace and That One Chicken





I just had a baby so I don't exactly feel like cooking. Granted baby no baby I don't feel like cooking. I have expressed my love of the crock pot because it does everything for you and my fear of cooking and laziness loves that. My husband and I have been spoiled this past month because of all the family that has been in town that has either made our food or paid for our food. They are gone now so its up to me to cook tasty meals. Why people don't just bring me food everyday I'll never know. 

I went back on my Pinterest and rediscovered a meal that I really like. This meal is chicken and it doesn't have a name so I just call it That One Chicken because it kind of has random ingredients, at least to me, and I don't really know what else to call it. The ingredients are:

2 pounds of chicken tenders (I use like 3 or 4 when I use tenders or 2 chicken breasts)

1 cup pineapple juice

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/3 soy sauce

Put all the ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours (I usually only cook it for 4 hours and it turns out great)

That's it! Random right? But, I think its pretty tasty and has a different enough of flavor that its one I can make fairly regularly. What I really really like with it is Zatarains yellow rice. Delish!

When I make it I usually do a little less soy sauce just because I don't love that flavor and for the pineapple juice I buy canned pineapple chunks and use the juice from that and do whatever I want with the pineapple. I also flip the chicken over about half way through cooking to really get the flavor in the chicken. Also, the sauce does not thicken at all. My husband is really big on sauces and one of the times I made it he commented on the thin sauce but its more of a marinade then a sauce. 
I wish I had made it for Steph when they were in town but we were to busy eating out which happens to be my favorite. 

Give it a try. Its easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment