Sunday, September 7, 2014

Stace and being induced.

I finally had my sweet baby girl. She was 7lbs 6oz's and 21 and a half inches long. Yea! Long long girl. She's beautiful of course and has been with us for 2 weeks even though it feels like longer. She just belongs to the family. But, I will write more about her later. This post is going to be about the labor and delivery and being induced. Wahoo!

This pregnancy has been far more trying then with my son. At about 24 weeks I started to have preterm labor pains and went to the emergency room because I was contracting every 1-2 minutes. To keep a long story short my mother-in-law came to town to help so I could take it easy than my parents came into town. After awhile things got better but then I got diagnosed with gestational diabetes so needless to say when it was safe for her to come out I wanted her to come out. I had also heard a lot of horror stories about gestational diabetes being big. I was afraid of having a 10lb or bigger baby that's why I decided to be induced at 39 weeks. My doctor was ok with it so that's what we did. 

I was nervous about it because I worried that maybe it was just a little to soon and that maybe I was being selfish and I worried about my body being ready to deliver because the body has a process for delivering a baby and has steps it needs to go through. I worried that the Pitocin would maybe make me sick or nausea's or would put the baby under stress. There is always so many different things to worry about when having a baby regardless though. 

Turns out the worst part of my delivery was getting my IV. They blew a vein in my hand and then proceeded to dig after a wiggling vein in my wrist. Now, this was the worst part because I got an epidural. If I had not gotten an epidural the IV experience would probably have paled in comparison. Everything though with the induction went awesome. They started to give me the pitocin at 8am I got my epidural about two hours later and had her at 1:26pm. Everything just went so smoothly I was able to even watch quite a bit of FRIENDS. That's right I took my FRIENDS DVD to the hospital.

Before I had her I did research on being induced and kept finding stories about it being a long labor or being a frustrating process and it didn't really make me feel awesome so I thought I would put a positive induction story out there. 

Being induced was so nice because we do not live by family and my family is pretty far so it made it so much easier and less stressful to know that on a specific day was when the baby was coming. You just never know with little ones when they will decide to make an appearance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment