Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Stace's kid show Team Umizoomi

I have a two and a half year old and sometimes we get bored. Every parent wants to be careful about how much "screen time" our children get. We don't want to have couch potatoes, at least not before they're five. There is one TV Show in particular though that I do not mind my son watching more then others, it's called Team Umizoomi. In Umizoomi there are a brother and sister and their robot friend and they are tiny super heroes with mighty math powers. Yes, their math powers are mighty. The reason I am ok with my son watching this show more then others is because I absolutely believe that it has helped him to learn numbers and shapes. When he was around 1 years old he counted from 1-15 and he looks for numbers and shapes wherever we go. So I think Umizoomi has been beneficial to him and has helped lay the ground work for more learning and study. They also teach children about patterns which is right up my sons alley because he can be a little more on the meticulous side and finding patterns or making patterns is something that is quite enjoyable for him.  Another plus to Umizoomi is that it isn't complete agony for me to have on unlike other kids shows (such as Dora the Explorer for example, her voice is so shrill).

No comments:

Post a Comment