Thursday, January 26, 2017

Stace and Crock Pot Pork Nachos




I'll be honest, I am not a huge fan of pork. My husband is but I am not. I actually found this recipe on Pinterest from www.ohsweetbasil.com  while I was looking for a pork recipe that my husband and I would both enjoy. I'm fine with pork as long as it doesn't taste like pork, like BBQ pork sandwiches for example. I just taste yummy BBQ sauce and not pork. I know, weird. 

What caught my eye with this recipe was that number one its a crock pot recipe which means easy dinner, and that it had pina colada sauce plus I do enjoy some good nachos. Also its simple. I'm all about simple especially in regards to cooking. My favorite thing about these nachos is that you can play with them, add more beans, sauce, and cheese. I like that I can tailor them by preference. I may like a lot of pina colada sauce on them while my husband wants to completely smother them in cheese and not have very many beans.

Once everything is cooked it takes under ten minutes to heat up to perfection. 

What You Need For Nachos

1 Pork rump

1-2 cans Pinto beans, drained and rinsed

Small bag Colby Jack Cheese

Tostitos Scoop chips

What You Need For Pina Colada Sauce

1 small can Crushed Pineapple 

2/3 cup Sour Cream

1/3 cup Cream Of Coconut (usually by margarita mix, found in can or bottle)

Instructions

For Pork

Rub the pork with olive oil and Hawaiian or sea salt (I've only ever used regular salt and it was great) place in crock pot, cook on low for 8 hours. Once done shred.

For Sauce

Mix together sour cream, pineapple juice, and cream of coconut. Set aside.

For Nachos

Heat oven to Broil (toaster oven also works great)

Place chips on foil lined baking sheet (or plate for toaster oven)

Place cooked pork in each chip top with beans, pina colada sauce, and cheese. Cook 1-3 mins or until gooey or nice and crispy

That's it! On the recipe from ohsweetbasil's website there is the option for sweet peppers but its not worth the extra step for me so I've actually never tried it with the sweet peppers before. For the recipe with the sweet peppers you can go to the website at the top or my Pinterest under Best Recipe's So Far and its called Maui Baby Nachos. 

Bon Appetit!








No comments:

Post a Comment