Sunday, June 22, 2014

Stace's Lime Chicken Tacos




I am not a big cooker. I am all about the fast and easy meals which means I am all about the Crock Pot. I came upon this lime chicken recipe on Pinterest with a bundle of a bunch of other recipes and I actually can't find it but its so easy I memorized it awhile ago.

3 or 4 chicken tenders

1 Tablespoon of Chili Powder

3 Tablespoons of Lime (fresh lime or lime juice)

You can put the chicken in frozen and put all the ingredients on top of the chicken. Cook on low for 4 hrs. I turn the chicken over about half way through. When finished take the chicken out and shred it put it back in the crock pot and add corn, salsa, whatever you want. You can also use chicken breasts.

The first time Jared and I had this we went on and on about how good it was. It was a delightful surprise. I've cooked it with both the fresh lime and lime juice. I do think that the fresh lime tastes better, but, I usually use lime juice because I don't always have fresh limes and its just a little easier (and cheaper) and its still really tasty. I also really like that its in the crock pot because we don't have A/C and my oven can make my apartment so stinking hot that its nice to have a really good recipe that doesn't make you want to die from heat.

I told Steph about this recipe and she said that they didn't even use tortillas but just made them into nachos and they loved it. I thought that was a great idea, though I haven't tried it yet. Our favorite way of making them is after shredding the chicken we just add corn to it and stir it all up together then eat it in a tortilla. I just add cheese on top (cause I'm boring) but Jared likes sour cream and sometimes salsa. 

There are a lot of different ways to eat this yummy chicken and when we have people over its one of the things I like to make because its easy and people have a lot of options on what they want to do with it. 
Yum yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment