Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Stace's Book Review: I Am The Messenger

 Book Review: I Am the Messenger
 Found here: I Am the Messenger

 As we have mentioned we love love love books. One of my favorite books is called "I Am The Messenger" by Markus Zusak. Now the name may sound familiar for he is also the author of "The Book Thief." Now this book is nothing like The Book Thief. It is actually considered YA which I found surprising because the main character, Ed Kennedy, is 19 and it does not read like YA. I Am The Messenger is about 19 year old Ed Kennedy who is really doing nothing with his life. He is a cab driver living in Australia, that's right Australia, and he lives in a shack with his smelly dog the Doorman who likes to drink coffee. Ed is just going about his life, hanging out with his three friends when he gets an ace of cards and that is how he becomes the messenger. I am not saying anymore! If you are not a big reader this book is perfect because it isn't hefty, its an easy read, and it has heart and humor. If you are a big reader this is also for you. I have yet to come across someone who didn't like this book. 


Find it on Amazon: I Am the Messenger

No comments:

Post a Comment