Sunday, March 16, 2014

Stace's Book Review: Inn Boonsboro Trilogy

There is something that I have noticed about myself when it comes to books. I read by the author. When I read a book I like I want to get my hands on everything that author has written. One of mine and Steph's favorite authors is Nora Roberts. I know that Nora may have a bit of a bad rep because she is labeled as a romance author but we love her. One of the things I love the most about Nora Roberts is that she has a TON of books and I never feel like I'm reading the same story twice. She has murder mysteries, love stories, super natural stories, creepy ghosts stories, the woman can write a wide variety of good books.
The Inn Boonsboro Trilogy is about three brothers who run a construction company together and remodel or renovate businesses, homes ect. In this trilogy its about these three brothers, Beckett, Owen, and Ryder, along with their mother reconstructing an inn and bringing it back to life. Each book is about one brother and the woman they meet and the different stages of the inn that is kind of bringing them all together. There is also a ghost haunting the inn but don't worry its not creepy (if you want a creepy ghost haunting story read her: In The Garden Box Set . Wowza!) 
Usually when Nora writes more from a mans perspective there is a bit more language. One brother in particular, Ryder, can be a little more that way. There is also some love scenes and one of the things I like about Nora regarding the love scenes is that in her books she stays more with the emotional aspect as opposed to the physical. This trilogy I feel comfortable recommending to my 18 year old sister-in-law who is not married.
I have not mentioned the best part. You know when you are reading a book and you just wish that you could live where the character was living or eat at their favorite restaurant? You can! Nora Roberts restored inn Boonsboro. So when you are reading about the inn, or the book store, or the pizza joint its all real! A fun thing about the inn is that each room is named after a romantic love couple, with a happy ending, like Wesley & Buttercup or Elizabeth & Darcy. Me, Steph and our mom want to go on a girl trip there. I dubs to stay in Titania & Oberon's room because, well, its magical! And it has a giant brass tub, yes please.  
Here you can find book one of the Inn Boonsboro Trilogy;  The Next Always: Book One of the Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy

No comments:

Post a Comment